Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cuban Tree Frog, Florida

Sometimes you have to take advantage of whatever heat source you have available...
Photograph by James Snyder
This pic was the Photo of the Day on the National Geographic Website for December 9, 2009. 
Here' s the text that followed:
"This is a Cuban tree frog on a tree in my backyard in southern Florida. How and why he ate this light is a mystery. It should be noted that at the time I was taking this photo, I thought this frog was dead, having cooked himself from the inside. I'm happy to say I was wrong. After a few shots he adjusted his position. So after I was finished shooting him, I pulled the light out of his mouth and he was fine. Actually, I might be crazy but I don't think he was very happy when I took his light away." 

No comments:

Post a Comment